BE ON GUARD about opening e-mail attachments which are forwarded from some source by well-meaning friends, and never open attachments from unknown people, else you may get a virus.
To avoid SPAM on computers I noticed on one web site they tell their visitors to only post their e-mail address with AT instead of @, and advise those who wish to contact them to change it to @ before mailing. That might work for a private and personal e-mail address to friends. This way may block a spyware search machine from gathering addresses for mass mailings. It requires a human to read and make the change, which is not the way advertisements and bulk mailings are done. Interesting thought.
Often, some hackers/scammers copy the Logo of a sound company or bank, and pretend to be them in asking for personal information, so beware! - RLD
E-MAIL HOAXES are often sent by well- meaning friends, telling some fantastic story
or quite believable event, and it turns out to
be a hoax. One would do well to go to the web site: www.snopes.com and check with them about the story to see if it is true.
Christians should not be in a hurry to "broadcast" a story to others if they are not sure of it. It may also be a means to allow spyware into the computer to target one for advertisements.
-- BIBLE COUNSEL -- Feature Page 9
-----------------------------------Information of a practical nature to help Christians in their sojourn and understandings in this world--------------------------------
A MATHEMATICAL VIEWPOINT
What Equals 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been in situations where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 101%? What equals 100% in life?
Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions to ponder upon:
If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26;
then: H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%;
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%;
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%.
Now look how far the love of God will take you:
L- O- V- E-O-F-G-O-D
12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%
Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty: While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Love of God that will put you over the top!
[Forwarded from C.L. Lefas 2/07]
"When it hurts to look back, and you are afraid to look forward, look beside you
---God is there!"
- Author unknown
If you are born once
You will die twice,
But if you are born twice
You can only die once,
And perhaps not at all.
(Consider John 3 in KJV)
Winston Churchill is quoted as having once said: "Most people, sometime in their lives, stumble across truth. Most jump up, brush themselves off, and hurry on about their business as if nothing had happened."
[Something To Ponder From The Internet - 9/08]
"God made and provided what we'd need before we were born---we're such slow learners. He left us a great clue as to what foods help what part of our body (it seems)!
* A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye.. and YES, science now shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.
* A Tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers and is red. All of the research shows tomatoes are loaded with lycopine and are indeed pure heart and blood food.
* Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.
* A Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three (3) dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.
* Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.
* Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and many more look just like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet, the body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.
* Avocados, Eggplant and Pears target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? It takes exactly nine (9) months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).
* Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to overcome male sterility.
* Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics.
* Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries.
* Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.
* Onions look like the body's cells. Today's research shows onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion, Garlic, also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals from the body."
'Be Still and Know that I AM GOD' (Psalm 46:10)
Savior! lead us by Thy power
Safe into the promised rest;
Choose the path, the way whatever
Seems to Thee, O Lord, the best;
Be our Guide in every peril,
Watch and keep us night and day,
Else our foolish hearts will wander
From the strait and narrow way.
Since in Thee is our redemption,
And salvation full and free,
Nothing need our souls dishearten
But forgetfulness of Thee;
Naught can stay our steady progress,
More than conquerors we shall be,
If our eye, whate'er the danger,
Looks to Thee, and none but Thee.
In Thy presence we are happy;
In Thy presence we're secure;
In Thy presence all afflictions
We can easily endure;
In Thy presence we can conquer,
We can suffer, we can die;
Wandering from Thee we are feeble;
Let Thy love, Lord, keep us nigh.
W. Williams - 1717-1791 A.D.-
- Little Flock Hymn -